KAM test system is designed for primary injection testing of protection relays and circuit breakers, for commissioning and revamping of substations and electrical networks.
- High current output up to 7000 A
- Powerful output up to 35 kVA
- Modular design for easy transport
- Primary current injection testing
- Protection relay testing
•Low voltage Breaker testing
- Heat runs
- CT testing
The test system KAM is a high current unit consisting of a control unit and one or two external power transformers, that can be easily taken in the proximity of bus bars, thus keeping to the
minimum the test cable length.
KAM range comprises four models:
- KAM 2/5
- KAM 5/12.5
- KAM 5/12.5G
- KAM 10/25
- Current range or voltage output selection: by means of a five-position I/V selector switch: 500A –1000A – 2000A – 6000A – V
(750 – 1500 – 3000 – 6000 – V for the G model)
- Current and power range selection
- Coarse and fine output adjustment
- Current metering: by 4 and a half digit instrument, with hold function
- Adjustable voltage output characteristics:
– Range: 0 to 270 V AC
– Current output: 0 to 15 A
- Metering: from current injection to contact tripping (relay tests)or current injection duration (circuit breaker tests); switch selection.
- Timer range: 999.99 s or 99.999 s; switch selectable. Accuracy:
- ± 0.01% ± 1 digit.
- Display on 5 digits, and with built-in 10 MHz quartz oscillator. Input contacts dry or wet.
- Voltage range: 24 V to 220 V, DC or AC.
Power supply: 230 V ±15%; 50/60 Hz.
- Magneto-thermal circuit breaker on the mains supply.
- Fuses on DC supplies.
- Alarm light and buzzer if the output current exceeds 120% of the selected range.
- Current cannot be injected if the transformer is not connected. Thermal protection on the power transformers, with alarm light. Impulse current cut-off is not reset at power down.
- Fuse protection on the auxiliary voltage output: T5.
- The adjustable, not isolated voltage, is not available unless with
- V selection.
- Control unit: an aluminum case with cover and handles.
- Power transformers : an aluminum case with handles and wheels.
- Weight and Dimensions
- KAM2/5, KAM 5/12.5 and KAM 5/12.5G: 33 kg
- KAM 10/25: 37 kg
- Dimensions: 300 x 620 x 260 mm