The following optional modules enhance the STS 4000 features.
• The high voltage (HV) generator TD 5000 performs the measurement of the tan Delta, capacitance and power factor of any device, at the frequency of the mains or in a wide frequency range.
- The circuit switch option STCS performs the automatic measurement of PT’s turn ratio, of winding resistance and also testing the operation of the Load or no-Load Tap Changer
- The extremely high current BUX 5000, BUX 3000 and BUX 2000 options perform high current tests, with currents up to 5000 A
- The STLG module allows performing high current grid resistance
and overhead lines tests.
The STS family includes 4 models: STS 5000, STS 4000, STS3000 light, and TDX 5000. STS 4000 is not equipped with: AC and DC high current outputs. STS 3000 light is not equipped with: AC and DC high current outputs, AC and DC high and low voltage outputs, and current and voltage meters. All models can be connected to the Tan Delta module TD 5000; STS 5000 and STS 4000 can be connected to the very high current module BUX 5000, BUX 3000, and BUX 2000.STS 4000 includes four output generators: low AC current; low DC current; high AC voltage; low AC voltage.
In the local control mode, the selected output is adjustable and metered on the large, graphic LCD display. With the control knob and the LCD display, it is possible to enter the MENU mode, which allows setting many functions, that make STS 4000 a very power full testing device, with manual and automatic testing capabilities, and with the possibility to transfer test results to a PC via ETHERNET or Pen Drive. The TDMS software, which comes with the test set, allows to download, display and analyze test results obtained in local mode. Remote maintenance and diagnosis of the instrument is available via Ethernet. TDMS operates with all Windows® versions.
The ease of operation has been the first goal of STS 4000. This is why the LCD display is so large and the dialogue in MENU mode is made easy. Connection diagrams are available according to with the test window. STS 4000 includes three measurement inputs:
- DC voltage (10 V DC)
- AC voltage:
– High range (300 V AC) – Low range (3 V AC)
- Current (10 A AC or DC)
All these inputs are independent among them and allow the measurement of CT or VT outputs or of another source.
In addition, a digital input (up to 300 V) is available: it can measure the timing of a wet or dry contact. The instrument is housed in at rans portable aluminum box, which is provided with a removable cover and handles for ease of transportation. A transport trolley can also be supplied upon request.
STS 4000 can be supplied with a portable generator without loss of performance.
IEC 61850-9-2 Sampled Values
STS 4000 has the facility to test CT, VT, both conventional and nonconventional, Merging Unit (MU) using the IEC 61850-9-2 (SV)protocol. The STS 4000 generates a current or voltage signal and injects these quantities into the CT or VT under test.
The STS 4000 then reads the data from the network (Sample Values) in order to perform a variety of diﬀerent tests.
- Possibility to test CT ratio and polarity check up to 2000 A (with BUX 2000 ), 3000 A (with BUX 3000), or 5000/ 7000 A (with BUX 5000)
- Possibility to test VT ratio and polarity up to 2 kV
- Test of MU
TDMS – Test & Data Management Software
TDMS, Test & Data Management Software, is a powerful software package providing data management for acceptance and maintenance testing activities. Electrical apparatus data and test results are saved in the TDMS database for historical results analysis. The TDMS database organizes test data and results for the majority of electrical apparatus tested with ISA test sets and
PADS – Power Apparatus Diagnostic Software
PADS- Power Apparatus Diagnostic Software is a powerful software application, included in TDMS software, that optionally allows their mote control of the STS family: STS 5000, STS 4000, STS 3000 light, and TDX 5000. The software performs various tasks, such as:
- Control STS and TD remotely from PC
- Create test plan
- Download stored test results via Ethernet cable
- Create and customize test reports
- Print test results
This program runs under Windows© environment.
Note: Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.